Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sinful Colors Unicorn and spring floral manicure

Now that it's spring, I finally decided it was time to try the first yellow polish I ever bought! (not including the detailing polish) I only recently had the guts to try the trend, and this soft yellow is perfect. The only problem with Unicorn is that it stains your nails, even with a base coat. Next time I wear it, I'm going to try two coats of base coat to see if that helps.  

This is Unicorn.  I had to use three coats, because it was very streaky and had lots of dragging issues.  Click to enlarge.



The base color is Sinful Colors Unicorn, the orange is AC #10, the green is Pa A32, the sparkly white is Diamond Nail Homei D-1 (the worst quality polish ever if you remember a past post.. I still have to swatch it for you), and the yellow detailing polish is AT #4 Yellow. I used my handy Beauty World dotting tool to make the flowers, and a fine nail art brush for the leaves. I used the mini Poshe quick dry topcoat mom gave me to seal it off.


Spring floral manicure by KitaRei
Spring floral manicure, a photo by KitaRei on Flickr.

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. It amazes me to read that such a pale colour stains!
    It looks pretty on you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! But yeah, surprisingly enough, it does stain..right through my base coat.. next time, I'm putting two layers of base coat on first!

      Delete