Followers

Saturday, February 12, 2011

NUBAR Newbies For Me (Julie)

Sorry I haven't been maniacally posting lately! My nails all started to break one-by-one, probably from using too much acetone, since I change my polish once, and sometimes twice a day. I decided to give my nails a break for a few days and focus on getting them stronger.

Does anybody have tips for splitting nails? And not just at the tips, but my nails crack on the sides, down very low where it would be painful to cut them that short. Would love some help on how to prevent that!

So on to my NUBAR. I order most of my Nubar from enchantedbeautyspot on eBay. They ship so fast, and combine shipping. I had my eyes on 3 swatches by them, and finally decided to cave and make a purchase.

My picks:

left to right as seen in photo below:
1- Nubar Indigo Illusions (not yet swatched)
2- Nubar Antiquity Silver (not yet swatched)
3- Nubar Violet Sparkles




I didn't get around to swatching them all - so please forgive me. I will soon, but as I said my nails do need a break for a bit. Swatched below is Violet Sparkles. I tried with all my might to capture the pure sparkle that this polish provides, but I failed. I don't think my camera is good enough to do that. But it's SO rich in sparkles, and in certain lighting it gives way to pink sparkles that glow through the purple like they're on fire. I would probably guess that this entire collection is worthy of a purchase.

in natural light

in warm lighting (more close to the natural shade)

in natural light

in natural light

in natural light

in warm lighting


in warm lighting

Last, here it is blinged up with NFU Oh Glitter Series 125 (GS-125) a gift I received in an exchange on the Purseforum's Beauty Bar. Uhh...saywhat?? Glitter OVER Glitter? Oh yes, I dare so.

No comments:

Post a Comment