Followers

Monday, January 24, 2011

How to grow your nails naturally - Key ingredient Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Julie)

Today I was looking online for a site that could provide me with some homemade natural remedies for weak nails, and I came across one in particular that looked really good...not to mention yummy. I truly felt like Winnie the Pooh with his honey obsession. The two key ingredients are Extra virgin coconut oil (i luckily had in the cabinet!) and honey. The entire site and more interesting recipes for home nail care remedies can be found here: http://naturalnailcarerecipes.homestead.com/nailsoaks.html

It's a really simple recipe, and this is supposed to help your nails grow strong. I took equal parts Langnese creamed honey and Nutiva extra virgin coconut oil that I had in my cabinet already. (you can use regular honey)


I put them in a microwavable safe (duh) bowl together. (as I said before, you might want to first melt the coconut oil for 15 secs then add honey, and microwave another 10-15 secs)


First attempt was 15 seconds. The honey melted nicely, the coconut oil did not. It kinda looked like glaciers in a sea of pee. I have a way with words, don't I?
Not quite ready yet. Shoved it back in the microwave for another 15 seconds and it was much better.


Dunked my hands in for about 7 mins (it calls for 10 minutes but I got bored fast, and it was starting to dry and get sticky as it cooled)


For the last few minutes, I applied it to both hands entirely, and massaged it in. Rinsed it off and my hands felt soft, and smelled great. I felt pampered! I enjoyed it and will try and do this often.

Repeat this twice a week for stronger nails. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment